Monday, December 14, 2009

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...

We are getting so excited for Christmas. Brooks is going to be SO much fun this year!! I can't wait to hear the OH's and WOW's when he opens his toys. I am feeling a lot more festive this year than I normally do. I think it might be the snow up here and that it seems so much more fun with our little guy. He loves the tree and likes to point at all the ornaments (balls). He says "cool" when ever we see Christmas lights. This is to due with me saying at the beginning of the month... "look Christmas lights, coool" and now he says it every time we see some. That and "More". The kid is all about more :). Brooks is also starting to say phrases, at first we couldn't tell what he was saying but now we've come to realize that he's picked up on a few things we say to him a lot. Like when I ask him to do something for himself, like take his hat off, and he does it I say, "There ya go" and now he says it when ever he or Pat does something for me. He also says, "I want that" which is simply an upgrade from "more" his most favorite word. And Pat's favorite, he just recently started saying "I want daddy" when Pat hasn't been home the last few weeks before Brooks is in bed. He's been working late to finish a remodel he stared in September. Another development which must be a toddler thing, he has learned how to fake pout! At first he was doing this in the morning when we started taking him to daycare. But I think he's realized that it makes us feel bad because he will do it for just about anything now. He even makes sniffing noises and gets his eyes to well up...
Well that is all for now, we hope everyone has a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!














2 comments:

Lorin and Angie said...

Merry Christmas... you are so super!! So glad all is going well for you. LOVE YA LOTS!!

Jack Attack said...

Hmmm where was that very top picture taken? Looks familiar... Very cute!