Pat has been really into this thing called Photo reading (anyone ever heard of it?) It's supposedly teaches the ability to absorb a book into your subconscienc or something... I'm a skeptic if you can't tell.
I decided that this summer I was going to read all the Jane Austen novels. I love her stories, but I have only ever seen the movies. There are six novels total and I'm going in order of date published. I just finished Pride & Prejudice, and I read Sense & Sensibility first. The next one is Manfeild Park. I actually was pleasantly surprised... I thought they would be difficult to get into and enjoy because of the movies. I actually like the book so much more. It's the one thing that I always enjoy more about books. You get to find out what the characters are thinking, which is hard to portray in a movie. Plus, she also writes what happens to the characters after their marriages. Anway, if you love the movies as much as I do and haven't read the books, I highly recomend you do!
Brooks is getting bigger and (unfortunately) smarter every day. He has figured out how to climb up just about anything, he learned how to open the cabinet locks we put every where and he now says Pat (which comes out as Pap) instead of Dad :). I think it irks Pat a little, but it also makes us both laugh. He is a dancer. Anytime we put on music he does this cute dance, Pat calls it his getting water out of his ear dance. He is jabbering up a storm and tells us the most entertaining jibberish stories. His big thing over the summer has been the Disney movie "Cars". We literally watch it at least two times a day, every day. Pat and I can now reinact the entire movie :).
Well that's it for the update, here are a few pictures of our stud muffin
Giving Love to the dogs... such a lover boy
Watching "Cars" for the one millionth time!

No comments:
Post a Comment