If you have not finished reading Breaking Dawn to not continue to read this Post. I hate when people spoil books so have some control, even if you are dying to know what happens and stop reading now :)
I LOVED the last book in Stephanie Myers Twilight series. I've heard a lot of interesting things from people that didn't really like it. First of all I'd just like to express my opinion on one broad point. It's fiction people, It bothers me when things like teen pregnancy and other real issues come into debate with works of fiction. If kids have a good foundation at home and parents who are willing to be open with their children about such issues as sex, and teen pregnancy then there is no need to blame these problems on literature. Be a responsible parent don't blame it on the books. (In my opinion).
Okay on to the review....
I loved, seriously loved everything SM did with the last book. I love all the characters in SM twilight series and I am a big happy ending person. If you want reality endings... read a documentary ;).
I did not see the pregnancy thing coming... but totally saw the imprinting thing coming. After all the ware wolf (or I guess shape shifting stuff) and imprinting in the previous books, I didn't think Jacob's imprinting was that big of a stretch. It surprises me so many people had that big of an issue with it. I did not dislike Jacob, but I did not want Bella to choose him over Edward either. I thought that SM wrote this whole intertwined family idea beautifully. I loved that Bella and Jacob were drawn together because they were meant to be in each other lives, just not in the most obvious way. I know a lot of people think Bella is a selfish character, but I think that it added to the character dynamics to have the relationship complications... So I really thought it was fitting that Jacob was released from his pain and still was part of Bella's love and family. I mean how else could that have turned out... Jacob leaving forever, hurt... I think I'll take the imprinting and happiness :)
I loved Bella as a Vamp. She finally was the strong one that came to everyone else's rescue and I totally got behind that. I loved that she wasn't the clumsy mortal anymore. I thought SM did a fantastic job with the emotions in this book (all of them for that matter) and Bella emotions and protectiveness as a new mother and her place in her family, I could totally relate to. And I like her daughters name... I like that it was a tribute in sorts to her and Edwards parents. Pat and I tried to combine names like that for B's middle name and we couldn't come up with a good one. I really thought that was a cool idea. I also enjoyed the absolute love within a family unit that was portrayed in this book. Very cool! I know a lot of people were disappointed that Bella didn't destroy the Volturi, but I thought it a nice change of pace that there was not as much killing in this book. Mostly preservation and survival.
I think Stephanie Myers is such a good author. I really like how this last book was written. I thought it was good closer. Even if there are some spin off novels, I don't think that they will be centered around Edward and Bella and I'm actually okay with that. I feel like it was a good ending and I'm not feeling like I am still left hoping their story will go on. I think SM is so talented how she makes you feel the emotion of the characters so well, how you can see and feel and taste the scene she is portraying. This will definitely be a series of books I re-read. 5 out of 5 stars for me!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I am SO glad that you wrote this post. I was just thinking earlier today that I should write something similiar because Im SOSOSOSOSOSO sick of All the people who keep complaining about this last book! It bugs me so bad how they wait and wait in anticipation for it and then bad mouth every aspect of it. ITS A BOOK! I Loved it and agree that it was a Great "FICTION" book! Very entertaining.
I totally 100% agree with ya:) It bugged me that everyone hated the last book. I thought it would be hard to tie up every loose end and have everything come together and make sense and she did an awesome job of making there be no questions leaving you hangin or disappointed.:) I'm glad you feel the same way.. your little boy kills me.. he's dang cute.. teething teething teething..hah. gotta love these days huh:) well have a great night~jena
I have read the first three but haven't gotten to the last book. Of course, even with your warning I had to read on! Now I am really curious. I am sure if Bella got pregnant she was already married, SM being from BYU and all! The first three were pretty good so now I will have to go out and get the last one.
Okay, so while I don't totally agree, I am glad people are loving this book. I had some issues, but still loved it. Great entertainment, good finisher.
This is Jaycee first off! I'm soo happy to find another Twilight Fan! I LOVE this series! And I totally agree with you on EVERYTHING you said. I had a list of things that needed to happen for me to happy with this book and SM did it more completely than I could have hoped for! I even shed a few happy tears at the end! Also, thanks for the heads up on face book. You're the second person to tell me to start one. It's on my to do list! THanks and your baby boy is soo cute! Can't wait to see you guys when I come to visit in sept.
love ya
Jaycee
I can't believe I didn't leave you a comment the last time I visited and read this! But, hear hear, people also need to remember it's not only a book, it's YOUNG ADULT, too. :) I am happy with the way it ended but don't want it to be over!
Post a Comment